Halifax HR987 was one of twenty-one aircraft No. 35 Squadron detailed to attack Hanover on the night of 27th / 28th September 1943.
Its seven-man crew comprised:
- Brian Guinness Glover (Pilot)
- Edmund Howard Williams (Navigator)
- John Brett (Air Bomber)
- Arthur William Griffiths (Wireless Operator)
- Philip Charles Potter (Air Gunner)
- William Carroll Connelly (Air Gunner)
- Thomas Smith Redpath (Flight Engineer)
The squadron Operations Record Book does not contain any information about damage but the AM Form 1180 (Accident Card) shows “Damaged by incendiaries over the target”
AM Form 78
The AM Form 78 (Movement Card) shows that the aircraft was classified as FB/AC. It was allocated to Handley Page (for repair) and was not returned to the squadron.