No. 35 Squadron was stationed at the Aeroplane and Armament Experimental Establishment, Boscombe Down from 5th November 1940 to 20th November 1940 when it moved to Leeming
Boscombe Down, situated near Amesbury in Wiltshire.
Construction / Layout
It was initially a RFC Training Depot Station which was in use from 1917 to 1920.
The site was reopened in 1930 and operated as a Bomber Station throughout the 30’s
Boscombe Down (early 1930s) [Source: Airfield Research Group]
The Aeroplane and Armament Experimental Establishment (A&AEE) arrived in September 1939 and additional buildings were erected on the site to enable it to carry out its work as an aircraft research and testing unit.
The layout of the airfield, when No 35 Squadron arrived in November 1940 is not known