No. 35 Squadron was stationed at RAF Akrotiri, Cyprus from 15th January 1969 to 16th January 1975 when it moved to Scampton
Station Logo [Courtesy of Mo Frampton]
RAF Akrotiri is situated on the Akrotiri Peninsular on the south coast of Cyprus
It opened as a small base in 1955, with a tented village; it was gradually developed and enhanced.
Work was carried out to the airfield prior to the arrival of the Vulcan squadrons in 1969; further research is required to establish how the station was developed before the squadron arrived
All aircraft used by the squadron were on strength of the station (ie it did not have its own aircraft or ground crew); these were parked on Delta Dispersal (with Echo Dispersal being used for overflow)
[Courtesy of Graham McKay]
Delta Dispersal (Top), with Echo Dispersal below [Source: Ownership Unknown]