Netheravon Aerodrome

No. 35 Squadron was stationed at Netheravon Aerodrome from 3rd March 1919 to 26th June 1919 when it disbanded

Location

Netheravon Aerodrome, which was situated 6 miles north of Amesbury in Wiltshire, was developed and opened for use by the Royal Flying Corps (RFC) in 1913.

Construction / Layout

When No. 35 Squadron arrived in March 1919, it is understood that the aerodrome consisted of:

  • a grass flying field
  • a Technical Area, with:
    • 1915 pattern flight sheds (marked 4 on the diagram)
    • 1912 pattern coupled sheds, plus one triple (marked 1 on the diagram)
    • A twin shed plus a single HP shed (far right on the diagram)
  • facilities for aeroplane repair, motor vehicles, aerodrome services and instruction
  • a Domestic Area, with accommodation for officers, other ranks and women

[Courtesy of Mick Davis]