No. 35 Squadron was stationed at Cottesmore from 20th April 1938 to 26th August 1939 when it moved to RAF Cranfield
Cottesmore was situated 5 1/2 miles north / northeast of Oakham in Rutland.
Construction / Layout
It was constructed as part of the RAF Expansion Scheme (Scheme F) during 1937 and 1938.
When the squadron arrived on 20th April 1938 it consisted of the usual four “C” Type hangars in a crescent shape on the edge of the grass flying field, which had grass runways.
The technical, administrative and domestic sites were grouped together in the south-east corner, behind the hangars.