Lancaster ND694 was one of sixteen No. 35 Squadron aircraft detailed to attack Oisemont/Neuville Au Bois on the afternoon of the 2nd July 1944.
Its seven-man crew comprised:
- Edward Dawson Kornegay (Pilot)
- Charles Alexander Prosser (Navigator)
- George Alfred Thomas Williams (Air Bomber)
- Kenneth Percy Bellew Grantham (Wireless Operator)
- Herbert William Wilcox (Air Gunner)
- Robert Chapman (Air Gunner)
- Alan Robertson Young Wooler (Flight Engineer)
The squadron’s Operations Record Book shows “made one dummy run and on second run we were hit by flak; bombed and hit again on leaving target”.
Note: The aircraft returned to base with no injuries reported
AM Form 78
The AM Form 78 (Movement Card) shows that the aircraft was sent for repair on 2nd July 1944; it was returned to the squadron on 27th July 1944
AM Form 1180
There is no AM Form 1180 (Accident Card) for this incident, so no further details are available