Halifax DT804 was one of ten No. 35 Squadron aircraft detailed to attack Pilsen on the night of 16th / 17th April 1943.
Its seven-man crew comprised:
- Peter Johnston (Pilot)
- Peter Geoffrey Powell (Navigator)
- Roy Wood (Air Bomber)
- Benjamin Thomas Royall (Wireless Operator)
- Harold John Rogers (WOP / AG)
- Andrew Walt Cowan (Air Gunner)
- Frederick James Jarvis (Flight Engineer)
The squadron’s Operations Record Book shows “At 00.30, 14,000 feet, 8 miles SSE of Crailshan, engaged by twin engined enemy fighter, believed to be JU88. Results of combat unobserved but Halifax sustained a burst tyre and some bullet holes.
AM Form 78
The AM Form 78 (Movement Card) shows that the aircraft was classified as Cat FB AC; it was repaired on site and returned to the squadron on 16th May 1943